In this first session, students will be rapidly taken through the most important aspects of developing content in Flash. Based on the individual and overall class aptitude, possible topics will include:
– Flash CS5 user interface and tool set
– Importing visual assets into Flash
– Creating visual assets in Flash
– Timeline Animation
– Programming in ActionScript 3
– Using external code libraries such as TweenMax, Flint Particles, etc.
– Working with XML
– Loading external sounds, images, and movies.
– Playing audio files
– Understanding performance & best practices
– Learning to teach yourself
By the end of the course, students will have participated in the
development of a fully functional Flash game.
This class session begins on Wednesday, May 18 at 6:00pm and will run
for 8 weeks. Each class will last for about 2 hours.